Connect with us

News

Gov. Bello showers encomiums on president Buhari, calls him real democrat

Published

on

Spread the love

Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, has described Muhammadu Buhari as the most democratic president he had ever seen.
The governor spoke in response to the Punch’s decision to be referring President Buhari as a dictator over supposed human rights abuses under his government.

The governor also said that the fact that Buhari allowed Nigerians to know the crisis in his home front, where Aisha Buhari has been clashing with his nephew and aides, further proved that he was very democratic.

It could be recalled that The First Lady had on Wednesday accused her husband’s nephew, Mamman Daura, of undermining Buhari’s administration.

She also claimed that Garba Shehu, Buhari’s spokesman, was in the middle of the controversies in her home.
But Governor Bello said when he spoke to journalists at the State House:

“Mr. President is the most democratic president I have ever seen. This is the first time we are seeing a former military head of state that is so democratic to the extent of allowing things happening in his home front to be democratized not to talk of things happening in the country.
“Whoever is tagging him to be a dictator; I think that person wished to be a dictator himself not Mr. President.”

READ:  Kogi East Forum Of APC Campaign DGs Visit Edward Onoja

On the claim by the National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno, that the election that brought Mr Bello back last month witnessed “unthinkable” happenings, the governor said:

“I think Mr. NSA; General Monguno must have been quoted out of context. I can say that because the last general elections reflected the wishes of the people.
“When you say the unthinkable happened in Kogi State, yes, of course, (in) my coming to power in Kogi from the very onset the unthinkable happened and God brought me on board. When you talk of unthinkable, yes of course because this is the first time the so-called minority will contest an election in Kogi State and win with a wide margin.
“Unthinkable because this is the first time we are reducing the tempo of ethnicity in Kogi State. Unthinkable because this is the first time we are running a very transparent and digitalized government, where we are raising the revenue, blocking every loophole.
“Unthinkable because this is the first time a governor is appointing a chief of staff from a different ethnic group. Unthinkable because this is the first time after 28 years a Muslim governor is building a chapel in government house in Kogi State. So there are a lot of good unthinkable, the NSA must have been misquoted out of context.”

READ:  Akala Hails Yakanajin Uke On His 20th Anniversary On Throne, Pray God For His Guidance, Wisdom And Protection

The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) recently listed Kogi state as the most corrupt state in the country.
Speaking on that Bello said, “You see, you have to look and read the details of that report before you can judge. You see, we shouldn’t just listen to somebody and quote him out of context. Like I said, Kogi State before now, civil servants before you become a permanent secretary you must pay through your nose before you become a permanent secretary but this time around it has been merit-based.

“Before you become a local government chairman, or let’s take it from the political aspect, I am the leader of APC in Kogi State, and no single person obtains a form or becomes whatever and will claim to have paid one dime to any political leader. It is out of blocking the loopholes and leakages that we have been able to raise the revenue of Kogi State from the pittance of N300 million to over N1 billion on a monthly basis. If you look at the percentage then you can be the judge. So if anybody is saying Kogi State is the most corrupt state, then that person must have his facts wrong.
“Kogi State is the most prized state in the country and it is out of fighting corruption as well because the little resources we have, we are so managing it that we are developing the state and fighting insecurity. If corruption is that prevalent then that wouldn’t have happened.”

READ:  NSG Consider Special Scholarship Scheme For Indigenes Studying Medicine, Nursing

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Plateau State Government Revokes 3 PW Roads Contracts, Says The Contracts Will Be Re-awarded.

Published

on

Spread the love

 

Yahaya Idris, Jos.

Governor Simon Lalang of Plateau State.

Plateau state Government has approved the termination of three road projects awarded to a company PW Nigeria Limited, explaining that the contracts were revoked based on request by the company handling the projects.
PW Nigeria is one of the leading construction contractors of roads, bridges, airports, urban infrastructure, dams and water treatment.

Commissioner for Information and Communication, Dan Manjang, who spoke to newsmen after the State Executive Council Meeting in Jos said the contracts would be re-awarded.

He said the projects include Shinkwan-Tunkus-Shendan bypass, Mangu bypass and the Tahos-Ganwuri section one roads.
Mr. Manjang said council also approved the scaling down of the Lalong legacy projects by fifty percent.

READ:  First Case Of Coronavirus Disease Confirmed In Nigeria

He said that the state Executive also approved the engagement of a consultant to carry out review of the audit report by the federal inland revenue service on unremitted Tax and VAT by the state MDA’s between 2016 and 2017 .

Commissioner for Finance in the state , Regina Soemlat ,who also spoke to newsmen said the state is set to obtain a loan of One hundred million naira from commercial banks to invest in the education and water sectors.
She said the loan is intended to finance counterpart fundings for the state Universal Basic Education Board and the Partnership for Expanding Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programmes that will benefit people at the grassroots.

READ:  Bankrolling': The Attitude Displayed By Femi Fani-Kayode Was Not Only An Attack On The Daily Trust Reporter, But A Savage Onslaught On The Nigerian Media -- JODER

The approval to obtain the bank facility which would be serviced within one year was made during the state executive council meeting presided by Governor Simon Lalong.

The council also approved the printing of booklets of vehicle licence, certificate of road worthiness and general receipts which the commissioner explained that they would be produced in a way that will check forgery.

Continue Reading

News

Fire Guts PeeLinks Electronic Mall In Lokoja

Published

on

Spread the love

Barely few days of Felele Tanker explosion that left several people dead, destruction of million worth of properties, popular electronic mall in Lokoja, Kogi state has been gutted by fire, razing down multi-million worth of electronic appliances.

According to eyewitness who spoke to Globaltimesnigeria, The incident was reported to have occurred at about 10:47 pm on Friday, The Mall which is located at about 100meters to the office of the fire service couldn’t receive the appropriate attention of the fire service as at the time, the office has closed for its services.

All efforts to provide help by people living around the residence prove abortive.

READ:  Aminu Ado Bayero Named New Emir of Kano

The people who were greeted by confusion expressed dissatisfaction over the incident, describing it as evil.

The people living at the neighborhood angrily called on the Government to find permanent solution to prevent further occurrence, stating that they have lack of confidence in the present Adminstration, as the government is seen at all times failing in their primary responsibility of providing adequate security of lives and Properties.

It could be recalled that, Pastor Gideon Isah had call for severe prayer for Lokoja, and Kogi state.

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: FG Obtains Fresh Order To Stop Planned Labour Strike

Published

on

Spread the love

The Global Times Nigeria reports that the Federal Government has obtained a fresh order stopping the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress from embarking on their planned strike which is to start on Monday.

According to the reports, the restraining order was issued on Friday by Justice Ibrahim Galadima of the National Industrial Court in Abuja, following an ex parte application by the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation.

This came barely 24 hours after the same judge made a similar restraining ex parte order in favour of a group, Peace and Unity Ambassadors Association, on Thursday.

READ:  Akala Hails Yakanajin Uke On His 20th Anniversary On Throne, Pray God For His Guidance, Wisdom And Protection

The duo of Acting Director of the Department Civil Litigation of the Federal Ministry of Justice, Mrs Maimuna Shiru, and Mr Tijjani Gazali, led the Federal Government’s team, who moved the ex parte application that was later granted by Justice Galadima on Friday.

The NLC and TUC had jointly declared to embark on a nationwide strike on Monday to press for the reversal of the recent hike in electricity tariff and petrol pump price.

Continue Reading

Trending