Connect with us

News

Kogi State Govt. Promises To Give Youths Opportunity To Participate In Governance

Published

on

Spread the love

Idris Ahmed, Lokoja.

Kogi State Deputy Governor, Chief Edward David Onoja, has assured the determination of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), to give the youths opportunity to participate in governance.

Chief Onoja gave the assurance on Wednesday when he received the House of Representatives Committee on youth development on behalf of the governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, in his office.

He expressed appreciation to the committee for the visit and assured them of the commitment and determination of Governor Yahaya Bello to continue to carry the youths along in all spheres of governance so as to prepare them for the future, noting that the youth if properly moulded are the assets for a greater tomorrow.

READ:  Bassa LG Youths Declares Open Support For Alumka Ahead Of Council Polls, Congratulates BellOnoja On Electoral Victory

He told his guests that the state NYSC Orientation Camp is receiving attention from the administration as Governor Bello has placed high priority on issues that affect the welfare of the patriotic youths serving the nation.

Earlier in his address, the Chairman of House of Representatives Committee on youth development, Hon Yemi Adarakodu applauded the efforts the present administration in Kogi State is giving to the state NYSC Orientation Camp the attention it deserves.

He however pleaded with government to expedite action to ensure it completes ongoing projects to make the camp more comfortable for the staff of the NYSC and the corp members.

READ:  Determination, Peace Are The Secrets Of My Success - Barr. Tanko In An Interview With Publishers And Editor Of Globaltimesnigeria

The Hon. Commissioner for Youth and Sports Development who is also the Chairman NYSC State Governing Board, Prince Sani Ogu Salisu who led the 15 Member House of Representatives Committee on the visit, commended the committee for being in Kogi state to see things for themselves and assured that the government of Kogi state under able Leadership of Alhaji Yahaya Bello will not rest on its oars when matters concerning youth arises.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Plateau State Government Revokes 3 PW Roads Contracts, Says The Contracts Will Be Re-awarded.

Published

on

Spread the love

 

Yahaya Idris, Jos.

Governor Simon Lalang of Plateau State.

Plateau state Government has approved the termination of three road projects awarded to a company PW Nigeria Limited, explaining that the contracts were revoked based on request by the company handling the projects.
PW Nigeria is one of the leading construction contractors of roads, bridges, airports, urban infrastructure, dams and water treatment.

Commissioner for Information and Communication, Dan Manjang, who spoke to newsmen after the State Executive Council Meeting in Jos said the contracts would be re-awarded.

He said the projects include Shinkwan-Tunkus-Shendan bypass, Mangu bypass and the Tahos-Ganwuri section one roads.
Mr. Manjang said council also approved the scaling down of the Lalong legacy projects by fifty percent.

READ:  Election Violence : Slain Kogi PDP Woman Leader Burried At Her Country home in Ofu LGA.

He said that the state Executive also approved the engagement of a consultant to carry out review of the audit report by the federal inland revenue service on unremitted Tax and VAT by the state MDA’s between 2016 and 2017 .

Commissioner for Finance in the state , Regina Soemlat ,who also spoke to newsmen said the state is set to obtain a loan of One hundred million naira from commercial banks to invest in the education and water sectors.
She said the loan is intended to finance counterpart fundings for the state Universal Basic Education Board and the Partnership for Expanding Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programmes that will benefit people at the grassroots.

READ:  COVID-19: Nasarawa Get Six additional Sample Collection Centres

The approval to obtain the bank facility which would be serviced within one year was made during the state executive council meeting presided by Governor Simon Lalong.

The council also approved the printing of booklets of vehicle licence, certificate of road worthiness and general receipts which the commissioner explained that they would be produced in a way that will check forgery.

Continue Reading

News

Fire Guts PeeLinks Electronic Mall In Lokoja

Published

on

Spread the love

Barely few days of Felele Tanker explosion that left several people dead, destruction of million worth of properties, popular electronic mall in Lokoja, Kogi state has been gutted by fire, razing down multi-million worth of electronic appliances.

According to eyewitness who spoke to Globaltimesnigeria, The incident was reported to have occurred at about 10:47 pm on Friday, The Mall which is located at about 100meters to the office of the fire service couldn’t receive the appropriate attention of the fire service as at the time, the office has closed for its services.

All efforts to provide help by people living around the residence prove abortive.

READ:  Governor Obiano moves to crown Another Igwe for Eziagulu-Otu Community

The people who were greeted by confusion expressed dissatisfaction over the incident, describing it as evil.

The people living at the neighborhood angrily called on the Government to find permanent solution to prevent further occurrence, stating that they have lack of confidence in the present Adminstration, as the government is seen at all times failing in their primary responsibility of providing adequate security of lives and Properties.

It could be recalled that, Pastor Gideon Isah had call for severe prayer for Lokoja, and Kogi state.

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: FG Obtains Fresh Order To Stop Planned Labour Strike

Published

on

Spread the love

The Global Times Nigeria reports that the Federal Government has obtained a fresh order stopping the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress from embarking on their planned strike which is to start on Monday.

According to the reports, the restraining order was issued on Friday by Justice Ibrahim Galadima of the National Industrial Court in Abuja, following an ex parte application by the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation.

This came barely 24 hours after the same judge made a similar restraining ex parte order in favour of a group, Peace and Unity Ambassadors Association, on Thursday.

READ:  Prepare For the Future Challenges - Bello Advises Lokoja Fed. University Graduates

The duo of Acting Director of the Department Civil Litigation of the Federal Ministry of Justice, Mrs Maimuna Shiru, and Mr Tijjani Gazali, led the Federal Government’s team, who moved the ex parte application that was later granted by Justice Galadima on Friday.

The NLC and TUC had jointly declared to embark on a nationwide strike on Monday to press for the reversal of the recent hike in electricity tariff and petrol pump price.

Continue Reading

Trending