Idris Ahmed, Lokoja.
The major opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has advised President Muhammadu Buhari and leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to apologize to Nigerians for their misrule and to start preparing for APC’s defeat in the 2023 general election, instead of begging for an undeserved place in history.
The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Kola Olagbondiyan in a press statement issued on Friday said President Buhari’s plea to have a place in history has exposed his personal apprehension,which he said is a confirmation of the failure of his administration and the ruling party, APC.
Olagbodiyan noted that the President’s comment on history, when the residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) paid him a Christmas visit, has shown that the APC has come to the end of its journey and would soon be committed to the dustbin of history.
The opposition party said it recalled that “Mr. President had earlier, in the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of his party, the APC, expressed fears over his party’s inevitable fate.
” His appeal to history cannot change APC’s trajectory to extinction before the 2023 general election.”
The party stated that ” the fact that the public is already discussing President Buhari’s would-be successor and preparing for 2023 Presidential election, in less than one year of his four-year second term, shows that history will not be kind to the dying APC and its administration that have brought so much pain and set back to our nation.”
The PDP in its confidence maintains that ” there is no way history can be kind to a corrupt, insensitive, deceitful, and debauched APC and its administration that tumbled our nation from one of the fastest growing economy to world’s poverty capital.
“APC has destroyed our national unity, promoted strife and bloodletting; turned a blind eye as marauders run over communities and made our nation a large funeral parlour .
“Indeed, history cannot be kind to the APC and its administration for their extreme treasury looting and exploitation of citizens,” Olagbondiyan stressed.
The Spokesman of the PDP also accused the ruling party of wrecking personal businesses with its harsh policies that has put over 40 million Nigerians out of work, thereby causing so much hardship and insecurity .
The Publicity Secretary lamented that several Nigerians had resorted to suicide and embarked on slavery mission abroad as options.
The statement said that the ruling APC and its administration cannot have a good mention in history after devaluing the naira to N350 to a US dollar and its failure to account for over N14 trillion stolen by the cabal, and as well allows its leaders to loot funds meant for infrastructural development and welfare of poor Nigerians.
The opposition party accused the Buhari administration of deliberately inflicting unnecessary hardship on the citizens by increasing the Value Added Tax (VAT) from 5 to 7.5 percent and mortgaging the future of the country by accumulating a whooping $83.8 billion debt in the last five years.
The PDP stated further that the ruling APC and its administration can only go down in history by their reprehensible record of reported executive high-handednness, human rights abuse and intimidation of opposition.
“Constitutional violations, disobedience to court orders, attack on institutions of democracy, electoral violence, rigging and restriction of personal freedom of citizens, as detailed in the report by various bodies including the United States Department of State, will be recorded in history as the hallmarks of the APC administration’s achievements “, the opposition party has maintained.
“History will not forget how the APC deployed thugs, compromised security agents and use of police helicopter to shoot and kill innocent citizens who came out to perform their civic duties in the September governorship elections in Bayelsa and Kogi.
Kogi Inferno: Gov Obaseki Condoles With Kogi Govt, People And Wish Them Fortitude To Bear The Loss
The newly returned Governor of Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has condoled with the government and people of Kogi State, over the tanker explosion which claimed many lives.
In the condolence message issued in Benin City, the state capital on Thursday, Obaseki said: “I condole with the government and people of Kogi State over the tanker explosion that claimed several lives.
“The explosion is an urgent reminder of the need to prioritize road and rail infrastructure development in Nigeria.”
The governor added: “Our hearts go out to families that lost persons and wish them the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.”
Just In: Another Gas Explosion Hits Lagos
A gas explosion is currently rocking one area at Iju Ishaga, Lagos State.
According to reports gathered, many of the people who involved in the incident were injured.
The Punch reports that buildings around the scene of the explosion suffered a partial collapse. As of the time of filing this report, the details of the gas explosion were sketchy An eyewitness, Ikechukwu, said, “We just heard a loud sound around 03.30 pm and we suddenly began to see smoke.
The explosion is massive and we are not sure of the casualties but many people are injured.
The spokesperson for the Lagos State Emergency Agency, Nosa Okunbor, confirmed the incident.
He disclosed that emergency fighters have arrived at the scene of the incident. “LASEMA Response Team is at Cele Bus Stop, Iju Ishaga.
Kogi State Chairman Security Trust Fund, Hon. Samari Appeals To All Road Users To Ensure Their Vehicles Are In Order.
Chairman Kogi State Security Trust Fund, Hon Abdulmalik Samari has appealed to all road users to be sure their vehicles are road Worthy to avoid Carnage on thr road.
Hon. Samari made the statement in an exclusive chat with journalists in lokoja, the state capital.
While condoling with the victims of the recent Felele tragedy, described the incident as tragic and shocking.
He called on the relevant authorities to ensure vehicles are road Worthy to save lives and to minimise the rates of accidents on the road.
He assured the residents of the state of his agencies commitment to the protection of lives and properties in the State. According to him, Kogi state Security Trust Fund will compliment the efforts of the state government in making Kogi safe for economic activities to strive.
He used the medium to commensurate with the families who lost their loved ones in the tragic inferno.
News8 months ago
Kwara Gov Seeks Better Care For Fallen Heroes’ Families, Veterans
News4 months ago
Rape: Lady Caught Raping A 4 Year Old Boy In Rivers State
Grassroot4 months ago
Nasarawa: Appoint Isimbabi As Nasarawa SSG, Toto LG Youths Urges Gov Sule, Says Their Huge Electoral Strengths Should Be Consider.
News7 months ago
Gov. Bello To Return All Local Government Administrators As Elected Chairmen
News3 months ago
EGBIRA DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION NASARAWA STATE WRITES GOV SULE OVER BANDITRY IN TOTO LGA
News10 months ago
Breaking: About 9 Gunmen Invaded Toto Town, Kidnappes Housewife, Husband Whereabout Unknown
News9 months ago
Unknown Gunmen Attack Kogi Communities, Kill APC Chairman, Chief Imam and 20 Others, Injured Policemen
Editorial5 months ago
Alleged Mocking Kyari’s Death: I didn’t Celebrate Kyari’s Death, People Misunderstood Me Out Of Context — Engr. Mauazu Magaji, Ex Kano Commissioner, Works And Infrastructure.