The Chief of Army Staff Lt. Gen. Yusuf Tukur Buratai has vowed that he will not leave the theatre of Operation Lafiya Dole until he gave a final blow on the Boko Haram insurgents in the northeast.
Our correspondent who minitor the situation reports that General Buratai had earlier announced his relocation to the northeast following the pounding of the insurgents by the Chadian Army from the Lake Chad axis where the President Idris Deby is claiming to have held a section of Nigeria waiting to handover to Nigerian troops.
The Chief of Army Staff who had a special Easter celebration with the troops on Monday at Ngamdu Special Super Camp regretted that the insurgency has lasted for too long but gave assurances that in no time the Boko Haram elements will be defeated.
“We will not leave this insurgency to last like in other countries who have fought insurgency for close to 50 years. We cannot allow that to happen here”, Buratai said.
Gen. Buratai assured the troops of the support of Mr. President who he said has provided all that they needed to defeat the enemies.
He also promised that he will not leave the camp until he gives a final blow on the insurgents.
“You may wonder that this counter-insurgency operation has lingered for too long, we all know globally that counter terrorism is very complex. There are some countries that have fought counter terrorism for close to 50 years. But we’re not going to leave it, we will not leave this camp
“We are here, we will not leave this camp until we substantially degrade these criminals. By God’s willing, we shall be there with you no going back once we commence.
We will be with you in the valleys, on the hill, in the jungle, in the river and so on. As I speak now, we have some element that are providing us necessary intelligence and once we start, no going back. We are here and we make sure that we get ourselves properly motivated, properly equipped and I assure you will have the best of time.
“Some of you have been here before like two three times but I tell you are going to have the best of time. We want the best out of you. We need your courage and determination.
“I want you to have at the back of your minds that Mr. President solidly behind you. We have already started getting the consignment of what we require for us to handle these insurgency and terrorism. It a matter of time and a very short time.
“If I ask you a question, will you answer me? The question is, is anybody ready to chicken out?
A thunderous NO erupted from the soldiers and the COAS continued.
“We make sure that we never go back. Forward ever, backward, never. Thank you and God bless you all”.
Highlights of the occasion was the COAS serving food to troops as soldiers dance and celebrate the Easter.
Plateau State Government Revokes 3 PW Roads Contracts, Says The Contracts Will Be Re-awarded.
Yahaya Idris, Jos.
Plateau state Government has approved the termination of three road projects awarded to a company PW Nigeria Limited, explaining that the contracts were revoked based on request by the company handling the projects.
PW Nigeria is one of the leading construction contractors of roads, bridges, airports, urban infrastructure, dams and water treatment.
Commissioner for Information and Communication, Dan Manjang, who spoke to newsmen after the State Executive Council Meeting in Jos said the contracts would be re-awarded.
He said the projects include Shinkwan-Tunkus-Shendan bypass, Mangu bypass and the Tahos-Ganwuri section one roads.
Mr. Manjang said council also approved the scaling down of the Lalong legacy projects by fifty percent.
He said that the state Executive also approved the engagement of a consultant to carry out review of the audit report by the federal inland revenue service on unremitted Tax and VAT by the state MDA’s between 2016 and 2017 .
Commissioner for Finance in the state , Regina Soemlat ,who also spoke to newsmen said the state is set to obtain a loan of One hundred million naira from commercial banks to invest in the education and water sectors.
She said the loan is intended to finance counterpart fundings for the state Universal Basic Education Board and the Partnership for Expanding Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programmes that will benefit people at the grassroots.
The approval to obtain the bank facility which would be serviced within one year was made during the state executive council meeting presided by Governor Simon Lalong.
The council also approved the printing of booklets of vehicle licence, certificate of road worthiness and general receipts which the commissioner explained that they would be produced in a way that will check forgery.
Fire Guts PeeLinks Electronic Mall In Lokoja
Barely few days of Felele Tanker explosion that left several people dead, destruction of million worth of properties, popular electronic mall in Lokoja, Kogi state has been gutted by fire, razing down multi-million worth of electronic appliances.
According to eyewitness who spoke to Globaltimesnigeria, The incident was reported to have occurred at about 10:47 pm on Friday, The Mall which is located at about 100meters to the office of the fire service couldn’t receive the appropriate attention of the fire service as at the time, the office has closed for its services.
All efforts to provide help by people living around the residence prove abortive.
The people who were greeted by confusion expressed dissatisfaction over the incident, describing it as evil.
The people living at the neighborhood angrily called on the Government to find permanent solution to prevent further occurrence, stating that they have lack of confidence in the present Adminstration, as the government is seen at all times failing in their primary responsibility of providing adequate security of lives and Properties.
It could be recalled that, Pastor Gideon Isah had call for severe prayer for Lokoja, and Kogi state.
BREAKING: FG Obtains Fresh Order To Stop Planned Labour Strike
The Global Times Nigeria reports that the Federal Government has obtained a fresh order stopping the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress from embarking on their planned strike which is to start on Monday.
According to the reports, the restraining order was issued on Friday by Justice Ibrahim Galadima of the National Industrial Court in Abuja, following an ex parte application by the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation.
This came barely 24 hours after the same judge made a similar restraining ex parte order in favour of a group, Peace and Unity Ambassadors Association, on Thursday.
The duo of Acting Director of the Department Civil Litigation of the Federal Ministry of Justice, Mrs Maimuna Shiru, and Mr Tijjani Gazali, led the Federal Government’s team, who moved the ex parte application that was later granted by Justice Galadima on Friday.
The NLC and TUC had jointly declared to embark on a nationwide strike on Monday to press for the reversal of the recent hike in electricity tariff and petrol pump price.
News8 months ago
Kwara Gov Seeks Better Care For Fallen Heroes’ Families, Veterans
News4 months ago
Rape: Lady Caught Raping A 4 Year Old Boy In Rivers State
Grassroot4 months ago
Nasarawa: Appoint Isimbabi As Nasarawa SSG, Toto LG Youths Urges Gov Sule, Says Their Huge Electoral Strengths Should Be Consider.
News3 months ago
EGBIRA DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION NASARAWA STATE WRITES GOV SULE OVER BANDITRY IN TOTO LGA
News8 months ago
Gov. Bello To Return All Local Government Administrators As Elected Chairmen
News10 months ago
Breaking: About 9 Gunmen Invaded Toto Town, Kidnappes Housewife, Husband Whereabout Unknown
News9 months ago
Unknown Gunmen Attack Kogi Communities, Kill APC Chairman, Chief Imam and 20 Others, Injured Policemen
Editorial5 months ago
Alleged Mocking Kyari’s Death: I didn’t Celebrate Kyari’s Death, People Misunderstood Me Out Of Context — Engr. Mauazu Magaji, Ex Kano Commissioner, Works And Infrastructure.