Idris Ahmed, Lokoja.
An Electrician working for the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC), Mr Adeleye Adesina was allegedly electrocuted on Friday while on duty at the new layout area of Lokoja, the Kogi state capital.
According to sources, Adesina who was said to have been a reknown electrician in the state capital, died while trying to either disconnect or reconnect costomers residences following either nonpayment or settlement of bills to the organisation.
Both the Police and AEDC public relations departments have claimed ignorance of the incidence when contacted for confirmation.
The AEDC PRO claimed she was not aware of the incidence when contacted, but promised to reach out to our Correspondent as soon as the wedding ceremony she was attending is over.
When our Correspondent visited the area office of the AEDC on Saturday, officials of the company and colleagues were seen on their way to the Felele cemetery where the deceased was buried.
A source at the AEDC area office in Lokoja hinted that carelessness and lack of coordination from the power base at the office could have been responsible for the electrocution of the late Adesina who was described as very dedicated and hard working.
Associates described him as sociable and a man of good character, dependable and trustworthy.