Connect with us

Security

Toto Council Boss Lauds Gov. Sule For Distribution Of Relief Materials To Dausu Community.

Published

on

Spread the love

By Yahaya Idris, Toto.

Hon (Prince) Nuhu Adamu Dauda, Executive Chairman, Toto LG

Prince Nuhu Adamu Dauda, the Executive Chairman, Toto Local Government Council, Nasarawa State, has commended Gov. Abdullahi Sule for distributing relief materials to victims of  Dausu community recently attacked by unknown gunmen.

Nuhu gave the commendation while presenting relief materials to Ohimege Opanda, Alhaji Usman Abdullahi on behalf of the state government for onward distributions to the affected communities in Umaisha, Toto Local Government  Area of the state.

The council boss said that the relief materials distributed would go a long way in improving on the standard of living of the victims of the attack.

Food items donated by Nasarawa State Government to affected community in Toto LG.

According to him, items donated by the  Nasarawa State Emergency Management Agency (NASEMA) include maize 1000 bags, millet 1400 bags and  Guinea corn 1000 bags.

READ:  Gov Ortom Condemns Attack On Borno Counterpart, Describes It As Shocking And Unfortunate.

” We are thanking His Excellency,  Governor A. A. Sule for his proactive action on security challenges and humanitarian gesture through providing relief materials to Dausu community that was distroyed by bandits terrorising Toto Local Government Area.

” The gesture will go a long way in improving on the standard of living of the victims of Dausu community destroyed by the bandits.

” The people of the area will remain ever grateful to His Excelleny ” If not for his proactive measures only God know what will have being our faith today.

” But thank God and His Excellency as normalcy has since been restored and economic activities is going on without fear, ” he said.

READ:  Prince Ishaq Advocate For Religious Harmony

He has assured Gov. Sule of his people support to his administration to succeed.

The council boss urged the people of the area to continue to live in peace and tolerate one another irrespective of their affiliation  for development to thrive.

Receiving the items,  HRH. Alh. Usman Abdullahi the Ohimege Opanda thanked His Excellency through NASEMA for providing sucour to the people and his recent security architecture which guaranteed the safety of the people and their property.

The first class  traditional ruler pledged his people support and loyalty to the government in order to enjoy more dividends of democracy.

It would be recalled that on August 3, 2020, no Fewer than five persons have been killed and 14 others reported missing in Dausu, Umaisha Development Area, Toto LG of Nasarawa State following the attack by gunmen who invaded the community with over 12 houses completely razed down.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Security

Breaking: US Forces, Rescue American Citizen Taken Hostage By Armed Men In Northern Nigeria, Kill Six Abductors

Published

on

Spread the love

 

US forces on Saturday rescued an American citizen taken hostage by armed men earlier this week in Niger and held in northern Nigeria, the Pentagon said.

“U.S. forces conducted a hostage rescue operation during the early hours of 31 October in Northern Nigeria to recover an American citizen held hostage by a group of armed men. This American citizen is safe and is now in the care of the U.S. Department of State. No U.S military personnel were injured during the operation,” Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said in a statement.

“We appreciate the support of our international partners in conducting this operation. The United States will continue to protect our people and our interests anywhere in the world.”

READ:  Insecurity: Nigerian Army Lauds Nasarawa Govt For Constructing Access Road In Uttu Forest

The mission, which was several hours long, was conducted by the Navy’s elite SEAL Team 6 who were flown to the region by Air Force special operations, a US official with knowledge of the operation told CNN.

The US forces who conducted the mission killed six of the seven captors, the official said. The US believes the captors have no known affiliation with any terror groups operating in the region, and were more likely bandits seeking money.

The State Department confirmed earlier this week that a US citizen had been abducted in Niger.

Local media outlets reported that the US citizen was a male missionary. CNN has not been able to confirm the citizen’s identity.

READ:  APC Slams PDP For Creating SARS, Hails Buhari's Prompt Intervention 

The governor of the local region where the abduction took place was quoted in various local media and by French media reporting from Niger as saying that six men on motorbikes armed with AK-47s came to the man’s property in the village of Massalata, close to the border with Nigeria.

USA Military

The governor, Abdourahamane Moussa, told these media outlets that after demanding money, the men took the American citizen with them in the direction of the Nigerian border.

 

 

Continue Reading

Security

Four Killed in South Sudan-Uganda Border Clash

Published

on

Spread the love

 

Two South Sudanese soldiers and two Ugandan soldiers have been killed in a clash near the two countries’ border, a South Sudanese army spokesman said.

Major General Lul Ruai Koang, spokesman for the South Sudan People’s Defense Force, says a mechanized, heavily armed unit of the Uganda People’s Defense Forces made what he called a “major incursion” Tuesday into South Sudanese territory.

Koang said the Ugandan forces also captured a South Sudanese soldier.

Speaking by phone, Ugandan deputy defense spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Deo Akiiki acknowledged that UPDF soldiers had killed two people, but insisted the incident occurred inside Uganda and that the two deceased could not be identified.

READ:  Insecurity: Nigerian Army Lauds Nasarawa Govt For Constructing Access Road In Uttu Forest

Akiiki denied Ugandan soldiers had been killed in the skirmish, but confirmed Ugandan soldiers captured one person and recovered two machine guns.

Continue Reading

Religion

Prince Ishaq Advocate For Religious Harmony

Published

on

Spread the love

 

The attention of Hon. Prince Ishaq Shaibu Okolo, Former SSA Security Matters, Dekina Local Government Area has been drown to an online news alleging an attack on Christian in Ayigba.

To put the record straight, we wish to respond as follows :
Hon Prince Isahq Shaibu Okolo is a man who has successfully distinguished in leadership position right from time till date and he is trusted with many award as a peace ambassador of the Local Government.

As a candidate for the fourth coming LGA election under the plat form of All progressives Congress (APC) security of lives and properties is his top priority and from the record, there have not be security breach in the LGA either with the Christian, Muslim, traditional worshipers and other religions in the area.

READ:  Boko-Haram: How Zulum Visited Damasak Friday Over Displaced Families

There was a directive from the Governor that, all forms of protest should stop and at about 4pm yesterday been 19th Oct 2020, a group of Christian’s were staging a procession and my attention was drown by the Divisional Police Office (DPO) Ayigba of which the protesters were advised to return to their churches to avoid the protest being hijack, it’s on this note that the police peacefully escort them to the church and return back to their station.

Hon. Prince Ishaq Shaibu Okolo

Prince Isahq is a member of peace and security committee Council which Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Dekina LGA branch has its representatives, the plot of land hosting CEFN church, Ayigba was his family land that was given to the church and both Christian, Muslim and other religions have been living together perfectly peaceful for ages. He urges the general public, most especially the christian community in the area to disregard the media propaganda of mischief makers.

READ:  Just In: FG Establishes New Squad “SWAT” To Replace Dissolved SARS

The directive of His Excellency, Alhaji Yahaya Bello for no protest of any form still remain valid and subsisting till further notice and advice the public to go about their normal business. Thank you and remain peaceful.

Continue Reading

Trending