The spokesman for the ruling All Progressives Congress has blamed the Peoples Democratic Party for creating the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the police which was scrapped by the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, on Sunday.
The spokesman for the APC, Yekini Nabena, said this in a series of tweets on Sunday while reacting to the scrap of the police outfit.
“Who created SARS? PDP,” Nabena tweeted.
Nabena, in a further statement signed on behalf of the APC, said the scrapping of SARS showed the resolve of the President, Muhammadu Buhari to ensure police reforms.
He, therefore, called on civil society organisations and Nigerians as a whole to work with the IG to ensure that the reforms are holistic.
The APC spokesman wrote, “The APC welcomes the disbandment of the Special Anti Robbery Squad and views the responsive decision as a major and concrete step towards. President Muhammadu Buhari affirmed resolve to achieve better policing and necessary reforms.
“From the recent #BlackLivesMatter social movement to other global clamours for review of police operations particularly in regard to citizens they are empowered to protect, the need for police reforms in Nigeria is urgent and continuous.
“With benefit of experience and public outcry over the operations of the now disbanded SARS, the APC is confident that the new policing arrangement promised by the Inspector-General of Police, Adamu Mohammed, will balance the need to effectively combat armed robbery, kidnapping and other violent crimes in the country and ensure humane, professional and accountable police operations.
“We call on Nigerians to take advantage of the citizens’ and strategic stakeholders’ forum which is being formed to regularly interface with Police leadership at all levels and advise on police activities as they affect the general public.”
Breaking: US Forces, Rescue American Citizen Taken Hostage By Armed Men In Northern Nigeria, Kill Six Abductors
US forces on Saturday rescued an American citizen taken hostage by armed men earlier this week in Niger and held in northern Nigeria, the Pentagon said.
“U.S. forces conducted a hostage rescue operation during the early hours of 31 October in Northern Nigeria to recover an American citizen held hostage by a group of armed men. This American citizen is safe and is now in the care of the U.S. Department of State. No U.S military personnel were injured during the operation,” Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said in a statement.
“We appreciate the support of our international partners in conducting this operation. The United States will continue to protect our people and our interests anywhere in the world.”
The mission, which was several hours long, was conducted by the Navy’s elite SEAL Team 6 who were flown to the region by Air Force special operations, a US official with knowledge of the operation told CNN.
The US forces who conducted the mission killed six of the seven captors, the official said. The US believes the captors have no known affiliation with any terror groups operating in the region, and were more likely bandits seeking money.
The State Department confirmed earlier this week that a US citizen had been abducted in Niger.
Local media outlets reported that the US citizen was a male missionary. CNN has not been able to confirm the citizen’s identity.
The governor of the local region where the abduction took place was quoted in various local media and by French media reporting from Niger as saying that six men on motorbikes armed with AK-47s came to the man’s property in the village of Massalata, close to the border with Nigeria.
The governor, Abdourahamane Moussa, told these media outlets that after demanding money, the men took the American citizen with them in the direction of the Nigerian border.
Four Killed in South Sudan-Uganda Border Clash
Two South Sudanese soldiers and two Ugandan soldiers have been killed in a clash near the two countries’ border, a South Sudanese army spokesman said.
Major General Lul Ruai Koang, spokesman for the South Sudan People’s Defense Force, says a mechanized, heavily armed unit of the Uganda People’s Defense Forces made what he called a “major incursion” Tuesday into South Sudanese territory.
Koang said the Ugandan forces also captured a South Sudanese soldier.
Speaking by phone, Ugandan deputy defense spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Deo Akiiki acknowledged that UPDF soldiers had killed two people, but insisted the incident occurred inside Uganda and that the two deceased could not be identified.
Akiiki denied Ugandan soldiers had been killed in the skirmish, but confirmed Ugandan soldiers captured one person and recovered two machine guns.
Prince Ishaq Advocate For Religious Harmony
The attention of Hon. Prince Ishaq Shaibu Okolo, Former SSA Security Matters, Dekina Local Government Area has been drown to an online news alleging an attack on Christian in Ayigba.
To put the record straight, we wish to respond as follows :
Hon Prince Isahq Shaibu Okolo is a man who has successfully distinguished in leadership position right from time till date and he is trusted with many award as a peace ambassador of the Local Government.
As a candidate for the fourth coming LGA election under the plat form of All progressives Congress (APC) security of lives and properties is his top priority and from the record, there have not be security breach in the LGA either with the Christian, Muslim, traditional worshipers and other religions in the area.
There was a directive from the Governor that, all forms of protest should stop and at about 4pm yesterday been 19th Oct 2020, a group of Christian’s were staging a procession and my attention was drown by the Divisional Police Office (DPO) Ayigba of which the protesters were advised to return to their churches to avoid the protest being hijack, it’s on this note that the police peacefully escort them to the church and return back to their station.
Prince Isahq is a member of peace and security committee Council which Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Dekina LGA branch has its representatives, the plot of land hosting CEFN church, Ayigba was his family land that was given to the church and both Christian, Muslim and other religions have been living together perfectly peaceful for ages. He urges the general public, most especially the christian community in the area to disregard the media propaganda of mischief makers.
The directive of His Excellency, Alhaji Yahaya Bello for no protest of any form still remain valid and subsisting till further notice and advice the public to go about their normal business. Thank you and remain peaceful.
News10 months ago
Kwara Gov Seeks Better Care For Fallen Heroes’ Families, Veterans
News5 months ago
Rape: Lady Caught Raping A 4 Year Old Boy In Rivers State
Grassroot5 months ago
Nasarawa: Appoint Isimbabi As Nasarawa SSG, Toto LG Youths Urges Gov Sule, Says Their Huge Electoral Strengths Should Be Consider.
News5 months ago
EGBIRA DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION NASARAWA STATE WRITES GOV SULE OVER BANDITRY IN TOTO LGA
News9 months ago
Gov. Bello To Return All Local Government Administrators As Elected Chairmen
News11 months ago
Breaking: About 9 Gunmen Invaded Toto Town, Kidnappes Housewife, Husband Whereabout Unknown
News10 months ago
Unknown Gunmen Attack Kogi Communities, Kill APC Chairman, Chief Imam and 20 Others, Injured Policemen
Editorial7 months ago
Alleged Mocking Kyari’s Death: I didn’t Celebrate Kyari’s Death, People Misunderstood Me Out Of Context — Engr. Mauazu Magaji, Ex Kano Commissioner, Works And Infrastructure.