Connect with us

Crime

Renew Kaduna-Abuja Expressway Killings: Nigeria Fast Degenerating Into Anarchy – NLC

Published

on

Spread the love

 

Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, has condemned the reported killing of no fewer than 15 commuters, on Sunday, at Gidan Busa, close upon Rijana on the Kaduna end of the Abuja-Kaduna Expressway, warning that Nigeria is fast degenerating into anarchy.

In a statement by NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, Monday, lamented that scores were reportedly wounded and more herded into the bush as over 20 vehicles were said to had been attacked.

According to the statement, “The lucky ones that escaped live with the scars or trauma of the attack, waiting for another day.

“The Gidan Busa attack is not only one too many on that road, especially at the Kaduna end of the road in recent times, it is arguably the most horrific and represents the height of impunity and lawlessness.

READ:  South African Actress Thandeka Mdeliswa Was Reported Shot Dead

“There is no disputing the fact that all roads and all lives are important, but there is similarly no disputing the fact that the Kaduna-Abuja Expressway is among the first two busiest roads in the country by virtue of which it is a priority road deserving of all the monitoring it can get, especially given the spate of blood-curdling attacks.

“We are afraid to state that our security agents have not done enough to contain the surge of violence on that road.

“In the past couple of weeks alone, we have recorded multiple attacks in and around the same spot on Kaduna-Abuja Expressway, qualifying it to be designated a dark spot.

READ:  Suspected Killer Of Late Lokoja Base Business Tycoon Chucks, 27 Others Paraded By Kogi Police Command.

“We also need more intelligence as reaction almost always comes after damage has been done. We do need mobile presence on a sustainable basis instead of the present ad hoc arrangement.

“What has happened to the highway safe houses of yore?

“Nonetheless, we make bold to say that we need community participation as our security agents alone cannot solve this problem given its spread.

“Except something is urgently done, we are fast degenerating into anarchy, with no place to hide. It is enough that the roads are bad and accident-inducing in addition to extortions, especially of food vendors.

“We call upon our security agents to rise to the renewed challenges of internal security.”

READ:  How 2 Year Old Girl was Allegedly Raped, Beaten To Death By 30 Year Old Man.

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Nasarawa Police Command Apprehend House Help For Killing His Former Employer

Published

on

Spread the love

 

The Nasarawa State Police has arrested one Cephas Iliya ‘m’ 27years of Kaduna state for killing one Martins Omeri, a Deputy chief auditor in the office of the Accountant general of federation, Abuja but residing at Navy estate Karshi, Karu LGA of Nasarawa state.

On 24/11/2020 at about 1145hrs, Police personnel attached to Karshi Division acted on credible intelligence and arrested the suspect at Arab area, FCT Abuja. A coordinated and diligent search was conducted in his apartment where the following items belonging to the deceased were recovered as exhibit: One Infinix phone, Laptop, Clothing, pair of shoe, Clipper, Beddings and few other properties.

READ:  Suspected Killer Of Late Lokoja Base Business Tycoon Chucks, 27 Others Paraded By Kogi Police Command.

The suspect confessed that, he sneaked into the house of the deceased at the dead of the night on 17th November, 2020 while he was asleep and killed him using a log of wood while, his dead body was discovered on 19th November, 2020.

ASP Ramhan Nansel,
Police Public Relations Officers,
Nasarawa State Police Command in a statement said the Commissioner of Police, CP Bola Longe psc (+) has directed that, the case should be transferred to State criminal and investigation department, Lafia for an exhaustive investigation after which the suspect will be arraigned in the Court of law.

According to the statement, the Commissioner of Police enjoins members of the public to thoroughly screen and get to know the family of those they intend to employ as house help before doing so.

Continue Reading

Crime

How 2 Year Old Girl was Allegedly Raped, Beaten To Death By 30 Year Old Man.

Published

on

Spread the love

 

A 2-year-old child, Nyiko was allegedly repeatedly raped and beaten to death by her teen mother’s 30-year-old boyfriend in Diepkloof, Soweto.

The 17-year-old mother and her boyfriend identified as Tebogo Ramokgopa, were arrested on Tuesday, November 24, and are expected to appear in the Protea Magistrate Court, on Wednesday, November 25.

The incident occurred on November 15 while the child succumbed to injuries and was certified dead on 19 November.

The mother, who is heavily pregnant and her boyfriend fled after the death of the child at Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital but were hunted down and arrested by police.

According to the police, on 16 November 2020, members of the Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences (FCS) specialised unit were summoned by a medical practitioner from Baragwanath Hospital, alerting police of the rape of a two-year-old child who had been assaulted and brought in the previous night for medical attention.

READ:  Son Of Brigadier General Nwogu, Alex, Shot Dead In USA

An urgent forensic investigation was embarked on and all relevant forensic evidence collected for processing by the SAPS Forensic Science Laboratory.

It was only on the Tuesday, 17 November 2020 that the mother of the victim came to report the incident to the police. Nevertheless, this assisted police in obtaining vital information towards building a solid case in order to secure arrests.

During the preliminary investigation, police were able to establish that on Sunday 15 November 2020, the mother of the deceased toddler had left her two-year-old daughter in the care of her boyfriend for about two hours. On her return around 20h30, she allegedly found the boyfriend not around but instead, the boyfriend’s father was home, and the child was asleep. She went to sleep not wanting to disturb the child.

READ:  Suspected Killer Of Late Lokoja Base Business Tycoon Chucks, 27 Others Paraded By Kogi Police Command.

According to the complainant, she woke up in the middle of the night to check on the child only to find the child with serious injuries to her face. She took the child to nearby Baragwanath Hospital for medical attention. The outcome of the medical examination found that the child had been penetrated and that is when the doctor called the police.

Sadly, the child succumbed to injuries and was certified dead on Thursday 19 November 2020; and the initial case of assault with intention to cause grievous bodily harm was subsequently changed to murder.

Investigations continue pending the outcome of the forensic analysis as police seek to build a watertight case that can stand in court and see justice served.

READ:  Nasarawa Police Command Apprehend House Help For Killing His Former Employer

Police have reason to believe that the deceased child may have suffered previous abuse at the hands of her step-father and this went unreported. This is the basis of the arrest of the teenage mother who in this instance, only reported the incident to the police two days later.

The Acting Provincial Commissioner of the police in Gauteng, Major General Patricia Rampota has welcomed the arrest and urged the investigating team to ensure that all bases are covered towards attaining justice for the two-year-old child.

“The SAPS remains committed to upholding the rights of victims of gender based and domestic violence and femicide, and to prioritise the investigation of all cases where women, children and other vulnerable persons are victims.” the statement reads.

Continue Reading

Crime

Ogun State Police Command Arrest Suspected Ritualist With Four Human Skulls, Other Body Parts

Published

on

Spread the love

 

Men of the Ogun State Command of the Nigeria Police have arrested a 55-year-old man, Yesiru Salisu for being in possession of four human skulls, two dry human hands, and three jaws. The suspect, Yesiru Salisu resides at No. 7, Odenusi Street, Ijebu Igbo was apprehended on Monday 23rd of November 2020. A statement by the command spokesperson, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, indicated that the suspect was arrested following a report lodged at Ago Iwoye division that a man was seen with a bag suspected to contain stolen property, and when he was challenged, he dropped the bag and ran into the bush. Oyeyemi said, “upon the report, the DPO Ago Iwoye, CSP Paul Omiwole led his detectives to the scene where they opened the bag and discovered that it contains dry human parts”.

READ:  Son Of Brigadier General Nwogu, Alex, Shot Dead In USA

“Consequently, the bush he ran into was properly combed and the suspect was subsequently apprehended”.

On interrogation, the suspect confessed to harvesting the human parts from one Christian cemetery in Oke Eri, Ijebu Ode together with one Lekan Bakare who is now at large. Oyeyemi said, the State Commissioner of Police, Edward Awolowo Ajogun has ordered the immediate transfer of the case to the state criminal investigation and intelligence department for further investigation and prosecution.

He also directed that the fleeing accomplice should be hunted for and brought to justice.

Vanguard News Nigeria

Continue Reading

Trending