Nasarawa Speaker: A Journey Of A Successful Legislator, His Achievements for Umaisha/Ugya
Rt. Hon. Ibrahim Balarabe Abdullahi, Speaker, Nasarawa State House of Assembly and his numerous CONSTITUENCY Projects.
Efforts made by the Speaker for his people of Umaisha/Ugya Constituency of Toto local government area, Nasarawa State, in the last 7 years.
FIRST 100 DAYS IN OFFICE.
Speaker Balarabe Abdullahi has been able to give out the followings
(1) Donation of 6 cars to all Ward CHAIRMEN of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Umaisha/Ugya Constituency.
( 2) Donation of *6 motor cycles* to all the APC ward Secretaries in Umaisha/Ugya Constituency .
(3) The sinking of *10 boreholes* across the 6 electoral wards of the Constituency.
*To mark his one year in office*
Speaker Balarabe Abdullahi rolled out programmes that gulped *N14 million* within his Constituency.
*The programmes involved are~>*
(1) Donation of 2 *Speedboats* (with engines ensuite) to the people of the reiverine areas to ease transportation.
(2) Donation of *6 Sharon vehicles* to various groups and organisations within Umaisha/Ugya Constituency including ~>
(1) Youth Association
(11) Women Association
(111) Toto LGA APC EXCOs
( V1) JNI
(3) Scholarships of *#20,000. each to 50 indigent students* from different tertiary institutions under the “Balarabe Education Support Programmes.”
*MARKING HIS TWO YEARS IN OFFICE*
While marking his two years in office, Balarabe Abdullahi, empowered his constituents with over *N16million,* the breakdown of which is as shown below~>
(1) Presentation of *700 wrappers* to women of his Constituency.
(2) Distribution of 65 *Sewing machines* to women across the 6 Electoral Wards of the Constituency.
(3) Financial Empowerment of *100 women with #30,000 each.*
(4) Another round of scholarships of *#20,000. to each of 100 indigent students,* under the “Balarabe Education Support Programmes.”
(5) Distribution of *12 refrigerators* and *12 generating sets* to women leaders and their deputies in the six Electoral Wards in his Constituency.
In His First 6 Months into his Second Tenure in office, he dolls out 16 million for scholarship, Agriculture, Women and youth empowerments to his constituency.
* #30, 000 cash each to 100 students under Balarabe Education Support Programme.
* #30, 000 cash each to 100 women for start up business.
*70 Sewing Machines,
*70 Grinding Machines.
*over 800 pieces of wrappers to women.
*40 Water pumps.
*50 cartoons of herbicides.
All is to boost farming activities in his constituency.
OTHER EQUALLY IMPORTANT INTERVENTIONS;
Through sheer commitment and concern to beautify his constituency and improve security situation, Ibrahim Balarabe was able to install 350 solar street lights worth 23.5million across 23 villages in the 6 Electoral Wards of Umaisha/Ugya Constituency.
Projects Lobbied/Facilitated for Constituency
(1) Lobbied and facilitated the rehabilitation and construction of dilapidated Toto/Umaisha road. during the administration of Governor Tanko Almakura and presently the road is set for another reconstruction by Governor Abdullahi Sule which work will soon commence.
(2) Lobbied and Facilitated the installation of 35KVA transformers in Toto the headquarters of Toto LG to boost rural electrification as well as another 4 transformers for his constituency to connect the people with national grid.
(3)Lobbied and facilitated the establishment of Mobile Police Command, Toto in Toto LG.
(4) Also lobbied and facilitated the construction of Onestory Classroom structures
in Government Transferred School, Umaisha where Balarabe attended his primary education.
(5) Lobbied and facilitated the construction of another Onestory building* in Central Primary School, Umaisha.
( 6) Lobbied and facilitated the constructions of *Blocks of 3 classrooms each in the following schools in his constituency
1. Umaisha Midtown Primary School.
2. Sogene Primary School, Sogane,
3. Kokoto Primary School, Kokoto,
4. Shege Primary School, Shege,
5. Katakpa Primary School, Katapha.
6.Two (2 ) Classroom blocks in Dausu Primary School, Dausu.
7.Two (2 ) blocks of 3 classrooms each at Ugya Primary School, Ugya and at Kuwa Primary School, Kuwa respectively.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES/POLITICAL APPOINTMENTS;
It’s no gainsay that Speaker Balarabe Abdullahi was able to secure over 110 employments to unemployed Youths, graduates and others in areas and places such as~>
*In the Civil Service.
*State University, Keffi.
*Stste Polytechnic, Lafia.
*College of Agriculture, Lafia.
*Teaching in Schools.
*Security Services among others.
He has also secured political appointments for many of his constituents and Toto LG in general, just as four out of five of his approved official aides were from his immediate constituency.
Of course, there are other numerous interventions and contributions of the Speaker that this write up will rather not dwell, but suffice to say those areas include personal supports and assistance to individuals, groups, as well as payment of WAEC/NECO fees for indigent students, payment of health bills, donation of vehicles to specific individuals, the sponsorship of pilgrims, admissions into tertiary institutions, welfarism among other gestures.
Of importance to mention however, is the actualisation of the bill for the creation of Ogye chiefdom which culminated in the people appointing their paramount ruler after 14 years of living without traditional ruler, especially in Toto town, the headquarters of Toto L.G.A.
Needless to say that this particular step taken has helped in no small way to pave way for the installation of some village heads as in Kuru, Ohizi, Abaza, Ugya, Shafa-Kwato, Adadu and Ahere among others. This, of course, is asides his outstanding peace and security efforts in the area and indeed in the whole state.
Rt. Hon. Ibrahim Balarabe Abdullahi, Speaker Nasarawa State House of Assembly, WALI Opanda, Okpetu of Igu (Koton Karfe) and Asor Tar-u-Tiv Nasarawa State (The Peace Broker).