By Yahaya Idris, Toto.
The Speaker, Nasarawa State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Ibrahim Balarabe Abdullahi a Nigerian politician representing the good people of the Umaisha/Ugya constituency has declared his intention to run for a third term as the lawmaker representing Umaisha/Ugya State constituency, Toto local government area of Nasarawa State.
Umaisha/Ugya Constituency: The Journey Of A Legislator and Icon Of Hope
Rt. Hon. Ibrahim Balarabe Abdullahi, Speaker, Nasarawa State House of Assembly_
HIS CONSTITUENCY ACHIEVEMENTS
Efforts made by the Speaker for his people of Umaisha/Ugya Constituency of Toto local government area, Nasarawa State, in the last 7 years.
FIRST 100 DAYS IN OFFICE.
Speaker Balarabe Abdullahi has been able to give out the following
(1) Donation of 6 cars to all Ward CHAIRMEN of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Umaisha/Ugya Constituency.
( 2) Donation motorcyclescles to all the APC ward Secretaries in Umaisha/Ugya Constituency.
(3) The sinking of 10 boreholes across the 6 electoral wards of the Constituency.
To mark his one year in office
Speaker Balarabe Abdullahi rolled out programs that gulped 14 million naira within his Constituency.
Programs involved are:
(1) Donation of 2 Speedboats (with engines l) to the people of riverine communities to ease transportation.
(2) Donation of 6 Sharon vehicles to various groups organization signs within Umaisha/Ugya Constituency including:
(1) Youth Association
(11) Women Association
(111) Toto LGA APC EXCOs
( V1) JNI
(3) Scholarships of 20,000 naira each to 50 indigent students from different tertiary institutions under the “Balarabe Education Support Programmes”.
MARKING HIS TWO YEARS IN OFFICE
While marking his two years in office, Balarabe Abdullahi, empowered his constituents with over 16 millions naira, the breakdown of which is as shown below:
(1) Presentation of 700 wrappers to women of his Constituency.
(2) Distribution of 65 Sewing machines to women across the 6 Electoral Wards of the Constituency.
(3) Financial Empowerment of 100 women with 30,000 naira each.
(4) Another round of scholarships of 20,000 naira to e of 100 indigent students, under the “Balarabe Education Support Programmes.”
(5) Distribution of 12 refrigerators and 12 generating sets to women leaders and their deputies in the six Electoral Wards in his Constituency.
First 6 Months into his Second Tenure in office, he dolled out 16 million scholarship grants, Agriculture, Women, and youth empowerments to his constituents.
30, 000 naira cash each to 100 students under Balarabe Education Support Programme.
30, 000 naira cash each to 100 women start-up businesses.
70 Sewing Machines,
70 Grinding Machines.
Over 800 pieces of wrappers to women.
40 Water pumps.
50 cartoons of herbicides.
All is to boost farming activities in his constituency.
OTHER EQUALLY IMPORTANT INTERVENTIONS:
Through sheer commitment and concern to beautify his constituency and improve the ove security situation, Ibrahim Balarabe was able to install 350 solar street lights worth 23.5million across 23 villages in the 6 Electoral Wards of Umaisha/Ugya Constituency.
Projects Lobbied/Facilitated for Constituency
(1) Lobbied and facilitated the rehabilitation and construction of dilapidated Toto/Umaisha road during the administration of Governor Umaru Tanko Al-makura and presently the road is set for another reconstruction by Governor Abdullahi Sule which by the grace of God work will commence soon.
(2) Lobbied and Facilitated the installation of 35KVA transformers in Toto the headquarters of Toto LG to boost rural electrification as well as another 4 transformers for his constituency to connect the people with the ith national grid.
(3) Lobbied and facilitated the establishment of Mobile Police Command, Toto in Toto LG.
(4) Also lobbied and facilitated the construction One storey Classroom structures in Government Transferred School, Umaisha where Balarabe attended his primary education.
(5) Lobbied and facilitated the construction of another One storey building in Central Primary School Umaisha town.
( 6) Lobbied and facilitated the construction of Blocks of 3 classrooms each in the following schools in his constituency
1. Umaisha town Primary School.
2. Sogene Primary School
3. Kokoto Primary School, Kokoto,
4. Shege Primary School
5. Katakpa Primary School
6.Two (2 ) Classroom blocks in Dausu.
7. Two (2 ) blocks of 3 classrooms each at Ugya Primary School, Ugya, and at Kuwa Primary School respectively.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES/POLITICAL APPOINTMENTS:
No gainsaying that Speaker Balarabe Abdullahi was able to secure over 110 employers for unemployed Youths, gradu, dates, and others in areas and places such as~>
In the Civil Service following feat was achieved:
– Health Sector.
-State University, Keffi.
-Federal University, Lafia.
-State Polytechnic, Lafia.
-College of Agriculture, Lafia.
-Teachers Service Commission
-Security Services among others.
He has also secured political appointments for many of his constituents and Toto LG in general, just as four out of five of his approved official aides were from his immediate constituency.
Of course, there are other numerous interventions and contributions of the Speaker that write rite up will rather not dwell on, but suffice to say those areas includes support and assistance to individuals, and groups, as well as payment of WAEC/NECO fees for indigent students, payment of health bills, donation of vehicles to specific individuals, the sponsorship of pilgrims, admissions into tertiary institutions, welfarism among other gestures.
Of importance to men, however, is the actualization of the bill for the creation of Ogye chiefdom which culminated in the appointment of their paramount ruler after 14 years of living without a traditional ruler, especially in Toto town, the headquarters of Toto LGA
Needless to say that this particular step taken has helped in no small way to pave way for the installation of some village heads as in Kuru, Ohizi, Abaza, Ugya, Shafa-Kwato, and Adadu There here among others. This, of course, is as to des his outstanding peace and security efforts in the area and indeed in the whole state.
Rt. Hon. Ibrahim Balarabe Abdullahi, Speaker Nasarawa State House of Assembly, WALI Opanda, Okpetu of Igu (Koton Ka,rfe), and Asor Tar-u-Tiv Nasarawa State (The Peace Broker).
Speaker Balarabe made this known at a session organized to interface and interact with the Media and his constituents.
The Speaker said he is presenting himself again to serve the people of the Umaisha/Ugya State constituency.