The Speaker of the Nasarawa State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Ibrahim Balarabe Abdullahi
A. FIRST 100 DAYS IN OFFICE.
(1) Donation of 6 cars to all Ward CHAIRMEN of APC in Umaisha/Ugya Constituency.
( 2) Donation of 6 motor cycles to all the APC Ward Secretaries in Umaisha/Ugya Constituency .
(3) The sinking of 10 boreholes across the 6 electoral wards of the Constituency.
B. ONE YEAR IN OFFICE.
Speaker Balarabe Abdullahi rolled out programmes that gulped N14 million within his Constituency such as
(1) Donation of 2 Speedboats (with engines Ensuite ) to the people of the riverine areas to ease transportation.
(2) Donation of 6 Sharon vehicles to various groups and organisations within Umaisha/Ugya Constituency including
(1) Youth Association
(11) Women Association
(111) Toto LGA APC EXCOs
( V1) JNI
(3) Scholarships of #20,000. each to 50 indigent students from different tertiary institutions under the “Balarabe Education Support Programmes”.
C. TWO YEARS IN OFFICE.
While marking his two years in office, Balarabe Abdullahi, empowered his constituents with over N16million, the breakdown of which is as shown below.
(1) Presentation of 700 wrappers to women of his Constituency.
(2) Distribution of 65 Sewing machines to women across the 6 Electoral Wards of the Constituency.
(3) Financial Empowerment of 100 women with #30,000 each.
(4) Another round of scholarships of 20,000. to each of 100 indigent students, under the “Balarabe Education Support Programmes.”
(5) Distribution of 12 refrigerators and 12 generating sets to Women Leaders and their Deputies in the Six Electoral Wards in his Constituency.
(D) HIS SECOND TENURE IN OFFICE.
In His First 6 Months into his Second Tenure in office, he dolls out 16 million for scholarship, Agriculture, Women and youth empowerments to his constituency.
1. 30, 000 cash each to 100 students under Balarabe Education Support Programme.
2. 30, 000 cash each to 100 women for start up business.
3. 70 Sewing Machines,
4. 70 Grinding Machines.
5. Over 800 pieces of wrappers to women.
6. 40 Water pumps.
7. 50 cartoons of herbicides.
8. 40 Sprayers.
All is to boost farming activities in his constituency.
(E) OTHER EQUALLY IMPORTANT INTERVENTIONS
INSTALLATION OF STREET LIGHTS.
Through sheer commitment and concern to beautify his constituency and improve security situation, Ibrahim BALARABE ABDULLAHI was able to install 350 solar street lights worth 23.5million across 23 villages in the 6 Electoral Wards of Umaisha/Ugya Constituency.
(F) PROJECTS LOBBED /FACILITATED FOR CONSTITUENCY FROM THE STATE GOVERNMENT.
(1) Lobbied and facilitated the rehabilitation and construction of dilapidated Toto/Umaisha road. during the administration of Governor Tanko Almakura and presently the road is undergoing another reconstruction by Governor Abdullahi Sule.
(2) Lobbied and Facilitated the installation of 35KVA transformers in Toto the headquarters of Toto LG to boost rural electrification as well as another 4 transformers for his constituency to connect the people with national grid.
(3) Lobbied and facilitated the establishment of Mobile Police Command, Toto in Toto LG.
(4) Also lobbied and facilitated the construction of Onestory Classroom structures in Government Transferred School, Umaisha where Balarabe attended his primary education.
(5) Lobbied and facilitated the construction of another Onestory building in Central Primary School, Umaisha.
( 6) Lobbied and facilitated the constructions of Blocks of 3 classrooms each in the following schools in his constituency
1. Umaisha Midtown Primary School.
2. Sogene Primary School, Sogane,
3. Kokoto Primary School, Kokoto,
4. Shege Primary School, Shege,
5. Katakpa Primary School, Katapha.
6.Two (2 ) Classroom blocks in Dausu Primary School, Dausu.
7. Two (2 ) blocks of 3 classrooms each at Ugya Primary School, Ugya and at Kuwa Primary School, Kuwa respectively.
(G) EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES/POLITICAL APPOINTMENTS
It’s no gainsay that Speaker Balarabe Abdullahi was able to secure over 110 employments to unemployed Youths, graduates and others in areas and places such as.
*In the Civil Service.
*State University, Keffi.
*Federal University, Lafia.
*State Polytechnic, Lafia.
*College of Agriculture, Lafia.
*Teaching in Schools.
*Security Services among others.
He has also secured political appointments for many of his constituents and Toto LG in general, just as four out of five of his approved official aides were from his immediate constituency.
(H) OTHER GESTURES.
Of course, there are other numerous interventions and contributions of the Speaker that this write up will rather not dwell, but suffice to say those areas include personal supports and assistance to individuals, groups, as well as payment of WAEC/NECO fees for indigent students, payment of health bills, donation of vehicles to specific individuals, the sponsorship of pilgrims, admissions into tertiary institutions, welfarism, support to flood victims among other gestures.
( I ) HIS EFFORTS IN INSTALATION OF OHINOYE OGYE.
The Rt. Hon. Speaker Nasarawa State House of Assembly Ibrahim Balarabe Abdullahi no doubt has played a significant role in the installation of Ohinoyi Ogye 13 years after the throne remains vacant, this tremendous efforts has paved the way for inspiration of some village heads such as in Kuru, Ohizi, Abaza, Ugya, Shafan-Kwatto, Adadu and Ahere among others.
Rt. Hon. Ibrahim Balarabe Abdullahi, Speaker Nasarawa State House of Assembly, WALI OPANDA, JAGABAN TOTO, OKPETU OF IGU (Koton Karfe) and ASOR TAR-U-TIV Nasarawa State (The Peace Broker).
As the good people of Umaisha /Ugya constituency set to go for election this Saturday 11th March and with the efforts so far made by their representative Ibrahim Abdullahi no doubt returning him to office remains the best option for the people.