Gale of endorsement as evidence of Speaker Balarabe’s performance in the 6th NSHA leadership
Rt. Hon Ibrahim Abdullahi Balarabe, the incumbent Speaker of the Nasarawa State House of Assembly, who always says leadership is temporary opportunity for one to explore, showcase and provide maximum leadership to the followers who are sole beneficiaries of the system.
He also said for one to have such a sense of humor, he/she must be fully prepared to face any challenges which may arise, but must be surmounted in an effort to succeed inline with provision of the rules and laws guiding the particular.
The Rt. Hon. Speaker Nasarawa State House of Assembly, Ibrahim Balarabe Abdullahi no doubt is a one Speaker in the history of Nigeria that has served Two Governors harmoniously and diligently, Governor Umaru Tanko Al-makura and Governor Abdullahi Sule four years separately in peace and rancour free thus, leading to smooth administration, good governance and speedy development in the State, and for time constraints we give a brief 15 outstanding records of achievements of the Speaker so far.
Let quickly examine some achievements
1. He stabilize the Nasarawa State House of Assembly for good 8years,no rancour, no party differences, peace and unity remains the order of the day.
2. He enhance effective relationship between Executive and Legislature as well as the Judiciary thus cleared suspicious doubts existed between Executive and Legislator he inherited as a result of impeachment moved of the 4th Assembly on Gov. Al-makura paving the way for effective and efficient growth of the State.
3. He encouraged oversight functions akin to what is obtained at the National Assembly hence strengthen Government MDAs.
4. In history of the House, Balarabe passed the highest number of bills into law considering the fact that law making is the fundamental of legislative arm.
1st Assembly 33bills
2nd Assembly 20bills
3rd Assembly 31bills
4th Assembly 45bills
5th Assembly 48bills
6th Assembly with 54 bills passed so far aside 21 bills in various stages of passage (total 75).
5. Nasarawa Assembly at the moment is rated second best among the 36 State Houses of Assembly in terms of performance.
6. He is the first Speaker in Nasarawa State to get Commonwealth Parliamentary Association, CPA, appointment to represent African Region, this is a big plus to the State.the position he is holding up to this moment. This was informed as a result of his performance.
7. During his regime, the over 140 casual staff of the House who have work for over 10 to 20 years were absorbed as permanent and pensionable staff.
8. Still at his regime the Nasarawa State House of Assembly published for the first time in history a Compendium that tells the journey and story of the House, a document that posterity will drink from it.
9. He is the first Speaker in the State to get Presidential Award as Best Speaker in North Central Nigeria presented to him by Speaker of the House of Representatives Femi Gbajabiamila.
10. He is the first Speaker in Nasarawa State to be presented with letter of commendation and recognition by the Nigeria Labour Congress NLC for his giant role in Government and Labour Relation.
11. He has hold the position of National Vice Chairman, North Central, Nigeria, Conference of Speakers of State Assemblies diligently.
12. The ruling APC members of the outgoing 6th Assembly and the opposition party PDP members of the House has separately passed votes of Confidence on Speaker Balarabe over what they described as his leadership qualities and all inclusive administration.
13. The Former lawmakers from first to firth Assembly in the State as well as those from the then Plateau State House of Assembly onder the Association of Former Nasarawa State House of Assembly Members led by their Chairman and Two Term Speaker of the House Rt.Hon. Musa Ahmed Muhammed also passed a vote of confidence on Speaker Balarabe leadership.
14. The Parliamentary Staff Association of Nigeria PASAN, Nasarawa State House of Assembly has also passed a vote of confidence on Speaker Balarabe Abdullahi over his exceptional leadership qualities, workers welfare and relationship.
15. He got Late Sardauna of Sokoto Sir Ahmadu Bello Merit Award as one of the best Speakers in Northern Nigeria among other breakthrough too numinous to mention.
These are facts to check, among other ground breaking records of achievements.
A popular adage maintains ” The Devil You Know is Better than the Angel You Don’t Know”
His records speaks volumes, these are digest facts to check for incoming members of the 7th Assembly, Nasarawa State.
we need Speaker Balarabe Abdullahi again for consolidation and good governance.