Hon Tashas Moves to end farmers/herders’ clashes in Toto LG
****Says we can’t continue fighting ourselves.
****Constitutes 25 members farmers/headers committee.
The 25-man committee set up by Toto local government council Chairman, Aliyu Abdullahi Tashas Abdullahi, on Monday charged to wade into the lingering clashes between farmers and herders from the area.
The Executive chairman Toto local government council charged the newly inaugurated committee members to adopt a mean geared towards mutual understanding among the farmers and Herders in the the area
According to him, the presence of JNI and CAN leadership aimed at ensuring lasting peace between farmers and herdsmen and sought the need for togetherness.
He appealed to the farmers/herdsmen to resolve their issues amicably as not to resort to rancour, adding that the committee was inaugurated to resolved all disputes from herders/farmers crisis.
The council boss assured the committee of his office full support to enable them succeed.
The committee is expected to unravel activities that often lead to the farmers/herders crisis. Following the repeated crises between farmers and herders in Toto LG.
Hon Tashas who inaugurated the 25-man Peace Keeping Committee on Farmers/Herders Conflict said the aime was to maintain peace and development.
The committee Chairman Alhaji Suleiman Abdullahi commended the chairman for finding them worthy for this holistic assignment and promised to do a through job.
On his part, the
DPM Toto LG and Secretary of the committee Mr. Muhammed Odaudu assured the chairman of their commitment
Contributing, APC chairman Toto local government area and Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the chairman on Special Duties, Alhaji Shuaibu Adawari Ahmed who is equally a member of the committee charged other members on honest team work to enable them succeed.
A statement signed on Monday by the Senior Special Assistant, SSA, to the Chairman on Media and publicity, Yahaya Idris Toto, said the Committee has representatives of various groups including Miyetti Allah, CAN, traditional Rulers, Town Union who spoke during the occasion, stressed on the need for peace to reign in Toto LG and Nasarawa State.
In his acceptance speech on behalf of other members, the chairman of the committee Hon Othman Abdullahi Suleiman thanked the chairman for finding them worthy for the task, assuring him that they will work to ensure that every carried out his/her legitimate business for the peace, stability and development of the local government.
Bellow is the full list of members of the committee.:
1 Alhaji Suleiman Abdullahi — Chairman.
2. Mallam Yahaya Adamu as Vice Chairman
3. Mallam Suleiman Umar Anogye as Member
4. Ibrahim S. Umar Nyeji, member
5. Ali Musa Abiaye Vigilante Group Toto LG as Member
6. Sarkin Tiv Toto LG as member
7. Madakin Dadayako as member
8. Secretary to HRH Ohimege Opanda – Member
9. Secretary to HRH Gomo of Gadabuke
10. Secretary to HRH Onah of Toto (Ohinoyi Ogye), member
11. Chairman NJI Toto LGA – Member
12. Chairman CAN Toto LGA – member
13. Sarkin Noma Kanyehu community – member
14. Sarkin Noma Karmo as member
15. Sarkin Noma Yelwa community as Member
16. Sarkin Noma Lokogoma community as member
17. Sarkin Noma Daji community as Member
18. Suleiman O. Musa, SSA, Farmers/Herders as member
19. Zakariya Dikko, SA, Conflict Resolution as member
20. Faruk Mufadale, SA, Farmers/Herders as Member
21. Kawa Mohammed, SA, Farmers/Herders as Member
22. Madakin Fulani as Member
23. Shuaibu Yakubu Igbezi Retired Military Officer, SSA Security as Member
24. Alhaji Shuaibu Ahmed, SSA Special Duties as Member
25. Muhammed Odaudu, DPM Toto LG – Secretary