The necessity for a printer is constant, whether at work or home. Most of us who work with computers will have printers nearby. They make our lives simpler, but they also present obstacles. Particularly when they go offline. Do you know how to repair your printer if it breaks down? Or, do you know why it may fall down
Why is the Brother Printer not working?
You face an offline Brother Printer issue because a connection problem has occurred, and your printer is unable to interact with your computer or laptop. This can also occur if the network cable is broken or is not correctly attached to the device.
There are a few additional reasons why your printer may be displaying offline; therefore, before troubleshooting and modifying its settings, we recommend that you verify if your printer is switched on. Printers may be turned off due to a problem with the power button or a problem with the power connector.
Another reason your Brother Printer is reporting offline is if you have two distinct WIFI connections. If you’re using a wireless printer, ensure sure your device and the printer are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Also, when there is a high volume of printing, the cartridges and printer door might become stuck, causing your Brother Printer to go offline. Even if the printer’s drivers are up to date, you may see a warning indicating that your printer is offline.
So, the next time you receive the offline error, double-check the following scenarios. The methods listed below will help you restore your Brother Printer from offline to online status.
Repair the issue of Brother Printer Offline
Let’s begin with the simple technological solutions to address the offline Brother Printer problem permanently.
Method 1: To check whether a Printer is connected to a Port on a Laptop or Desktop
To verify the printer port on your computer, go to the Devices and Printers menu, then Printer Properties. Choose the ports that must be active here. Here are the specific measures to take.
- Navigate to Hardware and Sound by clicking on Control Panel.
- Now, go to Devices and Printers and right-click on the name of your Brother Printer from the list. Choose Printer Properties from the menu that appears.
- Choose Port
- Check that the port description matches the connection of your printer. Don’t forget to double-check the IP description as well.
- If the port description and the IP description differ, navigate to Port settings.
- Check for the port description that matches your IP description in the options that appear and click Enable bidirectional support.
- Click OK, then Configure Port, and finally OK again.
- Restart your printer to see whether it has come online and begun working.
This way you can solve the Brother Printer offline issue easily.
Method 2: To Remove a Paper Jam from a Brother Printer
The other way to restore your Brother Printer from offline to online is to clean any paper jams in the printer.
- To clear a paper jam in your Brother Printer, follow these steps:
- Examine the paper supply in your printer. If they are less, then increase the amount.
- There is an access door on the printer’s backside that must be opened by rotating the knob counter-clockwise.
- Draw the door open.
- If you notice any stuck paper within the printer, remove it all.
- Check the printer cartridge levels as well.
- If everything appears to be in order, close and secure the door once more.
Method 3: How can I manually move Brother Printers from offline to online?
To move a Brother Printer from offline to online, open Device Manager and then put the printer online in the Printer section. This is how you do it.
- Start your computer by pressing the Start button.
- Now navigate to the Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Hardware and Sound tab.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Now, navigate to the Questions area and right-click on it.
- Now select the “See what’s printed” option.
- Select all of the pending prints that are displayed by clicking on the printer at the top of the page.
- In front of you will appear a menu. Select the “Use Printer Online” option.
- Now click done to close all of the windows.
People seek Brother Printer offline repair to address a typical issue that irritates customers. We’ve assembled a skilled team to deal with the issue. Some Brother Printer owners have encountered this issue at least once.
Anyone experiencing printer problems should follow the actions outlined above until the issue is resolved. We hope you found today’s post informative and interesting and that you liked reading it. Before purchasing a new printer, you should try each of the methods we’ve suggested. So, the next time you receive an error stating that the “Brother Printer is offline”, we hope you will refer to our post, which will assist and guide you in simply resolving the issue.